Sunday, 2 June 2013

Splash Pad


If you want to find us this summer, I think we will be at our neighbourhood splash pad.  Not too fancy, but perfect for my little guy and the girls really enjoyed themselves as well.
This particular day we met a friend there in the morning.  I think that might be the perfect way to do things.  We got really wet, which is always fun, and then had a snack of oranges and cookies.  Meredith was done with the wet first and got dried off and went and played at the park.  Myles appeared to be shivering, so I changed him and Madelyn and off to the park we went.
There was a father there with his two sons so the the girls were happy to have another playmate.  Carter, 4, told me the jungle jym was a princess castle and spiderman was living there too.  I call that playing together very well!  It's always fun for me to watch Madelyn and Meredith interact with other children.
After a quick (not quick enough) trip to the grocery store, we came home, ate lunch and Myles went for a nap.  The girls were tired from a hot, fun morning, so we watched a movie...Ramona and Beezus.  And we also enjoyed popsicles on the front porch.  Well, they did.  I had my last piece of salted caramel cheesecake that my supervisor had made for me for winning a contest at work.  Holy Moly was that thing delicious!!  Very rich, I could only eat one piece at a time.
Since we are still lacking grass, I see days like this happening often during this summer.